Thursday, June 14, 2007

Bye Bye Berkeley High


Wow. One day left as a public school teacher in these Disunited States of America. Disenchanted with the system though I am, my idelaism is still intact, and more importantly, my understanding that teaching is all about the personal relationships. Case in point, two of my students gifted me with pairs of socks today - an amusing homage to my collection of crazy and colorful calcetines, which my students always love to comment on and laugh about. We ended our last class with this group photo. The picture quality isn't that great because I took it with the camera on my phone (2007 - what a trip!!) but hopefully one of my students will send pics or even videos of our lasy days together. I'm going to try to upgrade my personal use of technology with a videocamera and some type of music recorder so I can capture all the brilliance of Taznania and hopefully start sharing some of it on the blog. Gotta finish the master's this summer, first, though. I'll keep trying to write regularly, though - thanks for reading, y'all.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ojala que pueda grabar en Tanzania asi podemos ver todas su aventuras. Espero que tenga un buen verano y buena suerte!!
(Quien gano en CAS Poker Club?)

Alexander Klose said...

Claro que sí voy a intentar a grabar. Aleksis ganó el poker club. Que piensas de las nuevas rimas??

GooFy-ChiiCk said...

loven da pic! y we didnt take 1!!? miss u hope ur summer iz gud!! peace

[Malikah]

maya said...

hey how are? we miss u alot, write back. my e-mail. mharkins@hamlinharkins.com